Monday, March 19, 2012

Vintage Shabby Shelf

I had my mind set to go to Michaels all day yesterday, even planned out my shopping event by searching online for any deals or specials going on. I came across a 40 % off one purchase and a "bonus coupon." I darted to my closest to get out my printer.. and printed those coupons out with no hesitation lol.

After a hour spent browsing, one cranky Toddler and an impatient Husband I knew my "quiet time" was up and I headed to the cash register with all my new items. :] 

Here is all that I got

all minus the jar, shelf and tea light votive's. I purchased all these things for the great value of 24 dollars! gotta love them coupons. O yes plus Mod Podge and Crackle Medium.
Remember this shelf? I know I just re did it but I felt like it no longer matched and it was already time for a makeover 




Here is the new results 



For some it may be too much but for me I am in skeleton key, bird heaven lol! 

for the bird "decal" I just cut it out from a scrap booking page and mod podge it on (my new bestfriend!!) same with the skeleton key shelf liner. I wanted to give my eggs a "modern-vintage" look so I hot glued flowers on one and the other I used scrap booking paper and well.... mod podge it on! I thought it was a nice twist from the crackle eggs or twine eggs I have been seeing around lately! 


No comments:

Post a Comment