Friday, March 23, 2012

Egg Carton Snake

Crafts seem to be taking over our mornings. Once my coffee is brewed and our breakfast is devoured, we venture off into the living room and make new things.

Today we decided to make a snake, we previously made a toilet paper roll snake and that seemed to be a big hit so we wanted to bring together a newer version of   our "slithery" friend. 

This time we will be making one out of...... an egg carton.




we started off by cutting the the top of the egg carton off and then cutting the rows in half. I guess I thought cutting the rows in half now will make it easier to cut later.

Then I separated paint into tupperwear containers and let, Carson paint :]
His Elmo table is so bruised up from all the attention Carson gives to it.

This is what Cayden does, it breaks my little heart how much he wants to see what's going on.


so set aside let it dry... make another cup of coffee while waiting. I mine as well give myself an IV for coffee insertion because sadly I am terribly reliant on coffee to keep me "energized" 

ok, so is it dry yet?? if so let's get started separating each "egg hubby" by cutting them with a pair of scissors. This is optional but I wanted to recreate the "slithering" of a snake. 

Now take a needle and thread each piece together. I just inserted the needle through the back end and out through the other side. Do this until your at the end. Make sure you tie knots at both the beginning and end. 

I inserted a zip tie through each side and hot glued it in to make harder to pull out. My toddler can get a bit crazy with his toys. Caution the zip tie cut to look like a snakes tongue is a bit pokey.  



And wala there it goes, your slithering snake :]







No comments:

Post a Comment