Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Throw Pillow Covers.

I am in love with whole mix match throw pillow idea but on a budget I didn't want to spend a lot of money throw pillows when, I already some from my previous bedroom outfit. 


Something I have been doing a lot lately is paying more attention to the clearance racks..... Especially at Target!! Not that my Target shopping weren't long enough already. Something I scooped up a pretty king size pillow sham. Originally 29.99??? Sorry but a 30 dollar sham? Any ways it was on sale for like 12 something and an additional something else off and ended up being like 7 dollars :] For the length of fabric I am getting, that is a steal of price!! 


There goes my beauty :]



I used the little bit of know how I know on how to sew just so I could save some money. My throw pillows ended up turning out beautifully. and since I used a pillow shame, I was able to make them "covers" out of the slits they already had. 

Here is the first little number I made. I literally did my sewing the "ghetto" way any true sewer would of killed me seeing the techniques I use to sew these pillows. I just took the pillow laid it on top of the pillow sham and cut the sham in half and sewed the end. The little rosette flowers I made and sewed by hand... which is a pain trying to do with cranky baby lol. If you need to know how to make the rosette, I will post the link to how I learned at the end of the post! 
A peek at the inside of the pillow. This is the original "slot" the sham had on it I decided to keep on so I am able to take the cover off and wash them still! 

My other "beaut." This pillow was the hardest to one sew!! This was used with the extra fabric left over. Before sewing the sides, I  tucked in the end to form I guess I would call it a "ribbon pocket" sorry I am not good with sewing terminology. Then I sewed the sides up to ends before the stictch . And I weaved a ribbon through the "pocket" and tied together. 
This one right here all you have to do is add a strap to it and it will make the perfect size purse. That's what I think of what I see it. This pillow as well is able to come off for washing purpose. All you have to do is un-button it and slide the pillow out 
Inside of it... As you can see zebra was my old decor. My Husband thought it was time to out-grow that theme and make a bit more guy-friendly in the room too! 
The fourth guy right here is made out of another king size sham, again purchased at Target for the same sale price. 
And again the original flap I left for washing purpose (I know sorry I sound like a darn broken record!)
And here is my mixed match what I like to call vintage shabby bed :] 

my dream set up if i didn't have younglins (the whole tray on the bed idea) 


and my other work in process
A site for sore eyes now, But I hoping for gorgeous results!

Video of the rosette tutorial I promised-










No comments:

Post a Comment