Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Protein Smoothie!

Since I am on the road to a healthier lifestyle I recently started to replace my lunches with this smoothie. don't let the looks fool you, this protein packed smoothie holds a lot benefits. 
  • Antioxidants (strengths your immune system)
  • Vitamin C (Helps produce collagen which in returns makes bones gums and joints healthy plus many other benefits) 
  • Good amount of daily fiber (regulates bowel.. ew I know)
  • high in Protein (keeps you fuller longer also helps you feel energized)
  • Potassium enriched (helps the heart, muscles, kidney properly function)

The list can go on and on lol! 



I am sure you have came across this smoothie before, this is my own little version of it! 

Here is what you need
  1. about four cups of spinach
  2. one banana
  3. a heaping spoonful of peanut butter 
  4. any dairy product. I use nonfat milk. The amount is up to you depending on the texture you want. I use about 2 cups.
  5. a couple ice cubes



add all your ingredients into the blender 

Blend and enjoy!


I promise you,you won't really taste the spinach! 




No comments:

Post a Comment