Saturday, March 17, 2012

Franks Red Hot Chicken Fingers :]

After stumbling around the kitchen trying to decide what to whip up for dinner with the Chicken Breasts I set out, I attempted a risky move!! Something I haven't done before and always wanted to do...... Make homemade chicken fingers. 

So I whipped up a recipe using our favorite condiment, Fanks Red Hot. Lol my family does just what the labels says "We put that s*#$ on everything" :]







My final product 

This one really won over my Husbands affection! And for my first time making chicken fingers i was impressed as well!

What you'll need:
  • 6 boneless/skinless chicken breast (cut into strips)
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup italin bread crumbs 
  • 2 cups franks red hot 
  • 4 cups vegetable oil

  1. Place the chicken strips in a large resealable bag and pour over franks red hot. I recommend letting them marinate in the fridge for awhile (I didn't they still turned out great but for a more flavorful taste I would do that!) 
  2. Heat oil in a deep pan on a setting that is between hot and medium 
  3. In a large mixing bowl combine the bread crumbs and flour together. Coat the marinated chicken strips in the mixture.
  4. Carefully drop the coated chicken in the oil and allow to fry until they are a nice golden brown color (if your nervous like me put the chicken in, in smaller groups. Since this was my first time I found it easier to keep an eye on them :]) 
  5. Grab chicken fingers with a tong and place on a paper towel layered plate and allow them to cool off.
Serve with your favorite side and dipping sauce and enjoy! :]








No comments:

Post a Comment