Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spa Day at Home (Birthday Present for my Mom)

So my Mom's Birthday is on St.Patrick's Day, how cool right? Well, as a present for her I originally wanted to get her a gift card but I wanted to get her something more personal, so what's better than a spa day?? I thought it would be fun to provide her the right essentials for a Spa Day at home! 
Here is the "Spa Day Kit"

Here is the gorgeous body scrub.

How it was made:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup olive oil
A drizzle of honey (optional)
1 tbs Vanilla Extract (optional)

Start by mixing the sugars together until they are both well mixed. Then add the Olive Oil, and Vanilla Extract and stir in. Then drizzle some honey on top and stir in as well.

Brown sugar Lip Scrub

Ingredients:
Vaseline 
Brown sugar
Drizzle of honey (optional)

Combine an equal amount of Vaseline and Brown and mix together. Then stir in a little drizzle of Honey. If your adding into a container, I found it easiest to scoop the mixture into a sandwich bag (with a cut in one of the corners) and used it to squeeze the scrub in the container.  
Just like this!


This right here is her "Relax Responsibly Flask"


A bottle I had saved with skittles on the bottom (notice the green for St. Patty's Day lol!) All she has to do is add Vodka and enjoy! :]

And what's a Spa Day without candles? 

These votive's I just wrapped cheetah print duct tape (left overs from my DIY Nail Polish holder) then took a flower and hot glued it on with a cheetah spot center :]


The Labeling I whipped up on and printed it out and glued onto a cardboard box. and the cheetah decor is the Cheetah print duct tape. Can't you tell she loves cheetah lol?

I am so jealous of her present and I hope she loves it just as much as I do :] 

Printable :]











1 comment: