Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Loosing the baby weight!


Having two large babies and two c-sections I have been finding it quite difficult to loose the "baby weight" 

During my first pregnancy I packed on the pounds very fast!! My final weight during pregnancy was 210 pounds!! you can only imagine how large my stomach looked lol!! 


8 months postpartum I lost all that baby weight and actually weighed less than I did pre-pregnancy. I still had problem areas like the infamous "c-section pooch" that had not quite gone away however, for the most part I was happy with my body! 


Then.... along came Cayden,


I hadn't found out I was pregnant for Cayden till I was two months along. If it wasn't for some "Googling" research I think I may have ended up on the t.v show I didn't know I was pregnant! For you other breastfeeding mothers you know that you most commonly, don't have a period (well I didn't since I was one of the lucky ones) while breastfeeding, so this came into effect when it came to not knowing I was pregnant.


Any ways I am rambling on, onto my weight gain. My final appointment with Cayden I weighed 195 pounds.. not as much as I weighed with Carson but still big lol! And in case you're wondering no I wasn't diabetic with either one! 


I was trying to have a v-bac (vaginal birth after c-section) with Cayden but he was being stubborn and decided to stay breech (head up/feet down)So that idea was quickly taken from me lol! 


So now, 4 months postpartum I have lost a lot of those pounds but am certainly not one of those lucky ones who pop out a baby and look picture perfect. I have found that loosing the weight after your second born is A LOT harder! :[ 


Just recently I have taken on oath to start eating more healthy and make it a daily routine to add some sort of workout into my lifestyle. Whether it be an actual workout routine, dancing around with Carson or adding in some quick workouts while making dinner or folding laundry (such as squats and stuff.) If you can't feel the pain when you go to bed that means you didn't work hard enough that day (lol or that's just the way I look at it, since sometimes I can slack a little) 


I have taken liking to, these two workouts: 
"Be a knockout with Kendra" She kind of sold me since she as well had a c-section. I find this workout both fun and a bit of challenge. To all of you who are appose to her,  I promise she isn't so bad in this DVD. Besides a couple of random booty shakes and an occasional "If I can do it, you can do it" here and there lol! I find that sort of annoying since she has always been known to be active and get into sports (I haven't lol!) 

"Zumba fitness"  This one is very fun and surprisingly gives you a good sweat lol! However some of the dance moves can be a bit "exotic" and if your like me you'll be sort of embarrassed to them in front of your husband/significant other. The reviews were mixed but, my view of this workout is very high! 

Here's to a healthy new life style and hopes of getting a stronger and healthier body before summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment