Thursday, March 8, 2012

A book to share

I am sure at some point in our lives, we all came across this particular book.. 
A beautiful story about a mothers love for her son. After numerous times of reading this book, I swear it still brings tears to my eyes. This is a book I love to constantly read to the boys and from time to time I will rock them on our reclining chair and sing to them the song the Mother sings her son in the book....

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

I think no matter how old my boys get I will look at them as my little babies! 

Reading to my boys is a priority I try to squeeze into our routine each day! It brings a child's imagination to life. A world full pirates, dinosaurs and for those of you who have daughters pretty princesses. 

Reading to your child holds so many benefits. Some of them include. 
  • Creating a stronger bond between you and your kids.
  •  It helps your younger children learn shapes, colors, numbers and letters.
  • It teaches your children about different life situations.


Something I like to do while reading to my boys is be "obnoxious" really getting into the book and exaggerating some of the voices and sounds really brings the characters to life. When the character is sad I pretend I am sad, if their happy or mad well... I pretend I happy or mad too. This teaches your children about emotions.  

Another thing I would like to share that I do is point out different things on each page. Go more into the book than just the words. Pointing out an animal and making the noise the animal makes, or even simply pointing out an object in the picture really gets Carson's attention. Sometimes I will catch him with an opened book pointing to the objects in a picture saying "look a bird, truck" whatever it is he sees he likes to point them all out lol! 

This is my boy's book collection, I just wanted to point out the wear and tear of the books from all the reading we do (plus having a toddler doesn't help the shelf life of a book lol!)

I would like to ask one simple favor, if you haven't done so already... read to your child(ren) today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment