Friday, March 9, 2012

DIY Nail Polish Holder!


Items I used were-     
  • A black floating shelf (I had this laying around and wanted to make new use out of it) 
  • Cheetah print Duct Tape square. (found it on sale at Target for like 99cents!)
  • Scotch Velcro strips 
  • Saw tooth hangers 
So first I took the Saw tooth hanger and nailed it into the back of the shelf

 
then take the Duct Tape and carefully apply it to the shelf. Be sure to smooth it as you lay it out to prevent a bubble to form underneath. 


After applying cut off the excess Duct Tape  
Repeat the same process on the next one. I left a gap in between mine to add a black and cheetah stripe in the middle. 
Once your done with the shelf take the Velcro strip and stick one side on the nail-polish, and the "backing" on the shelf. I cut my Velcro strips in half to get more uses out of them. 
Almost finished...

Now either have it set up on your vanity or hang it up on your wall! :]
(I gave the adhesive on the back the of the velco strips time to secure before hanging up the shelf)




1 comment:

  1. this is an awesome idea! i don't think i could make enough shelves though as have over 200 polishes lol!
    just new to your blog and already you are an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete