Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cotton Ball Bunny

Can you believe it's almost time for Easter already?? The saying "once you have kids life flies by" is true I guess! I feel like Santa just came a couple weeks ago.

Any way a fun craft Carson and I just recently shared together was, a cotton ball bunny! We also added Easter themed foam stickers to it... I used the stickers to help Carson learn some of his colors.  

When we have "craft time" my boys enjoy listening to Toddler Tunes on the cable box.. if you have Comcast it's channel 928. That station plays songs ranging from Barney to cute Kid songs like The wheels on the Bus.



 So first I started off by drawing a bunny on a piece of paper, I drew a side profile since I wasn't confident on my front profile drawing skills! 
If you have a littler one, I recommend putting the Elmer's Glue in a little tupperwear container and limit their cotton ball uses at a time. 

At first Carson didn't understand what to do so I just told him "Look Carson, you dip and stick" he ended up thinking this saying was funny because with every cotton ball placed he recited what I said. 


Here come the colorful part... adding the stickers. With every craft we do, I try to incorporate some sort of learning  experience out of it. So with the different color stickers I asked Carson "Which one is the blue Duck?" and helped him find it ad so on.
"Look Mom, I found it!"

Did I mention crafting is a good bonding experience..


And our final results! If you have colored construction paper I am sure the bunny would stand out more! :]






                                       





   



No comments:

Post a Comment