Thursday, April 5, 2012

Super Moist Easter Bunny Cake

Every year it was a tradition of my Mom's to make her "famous" Easter Bunny Cake. Two years away from home for Easter and already going one year without her cake, I decided this year I had to make it, so that I can start this tradition with my family. 

For the cake I decided to make a super moist Funfetti Cheesecake It's very simple to make and comes out tasting amazing.

Here is what you'll need.
  • A box of Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
  • 1 oz Jello Instant Pudding Cheese Cake flavor
  • 1 8 oz container of Sour Cream
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/3 cup Melted Butter
  • 3/4 cup Milk
Preheat your oven for 350 degrees.

Lightly spray two 9 inch circular pans. I used a 9 inch and I think a 8 inch (sorry)  so that way the ears turn out larger than the face. 

Add all your ingredients into a large bowel and mix well.  The batter will be thicker than your usual so don't be alarmed if your's looks different from usual. 

Scoop your batter into the greased pans and bake for 35 min. Or until you are able to stick a knife in it and it comes out clear.




Once your cakes are done baking, take them out of the oven and allow them time to cool completely. 


Once cooled take you larger cake and cut two "ears" on each side leaving a "bow like" shape in the center of them. 


Flip your cakes carefully over onto a cooking dish to form a bunny face and it's bow tie.


To make the frosting look like fur I cut a small hole on one of tips of a sandwich bag and starting to make dots all over the bunny.

I found it easiest to squeeze a little harder toward the bottom of the circle and gently pull up. I hope I explained well enough to help.


The finished Bunny. For the tie I just applied the frosting as you would normally to give it a texture than the fur. My Mom uses Twizzlers for the bunny's whiskers and Jelly Beans as the eyes.


The inside of the cake. 

ENJOY! 







No comments:

Post a Comment