Monday, April 2, 2012

Pesky Crayon Stains on the Wall

Carson was at it again man and this time, it wasn't the couch... it was all over the walls!! 
Carson's furniture art...and how I got it off

This time he managed to color all over the walls by his play table. 






So there goes his artwork, the wall. I guess he was telling me as I was cleaning it off it was an "Elephant"  if you squint just right I guess you can see it,lol. 

So I am sure you heard of the ol' baking soda idea? If not mix equal amounts of baking soda  and water to make a toothpaste like substance. 

all you do is dip the tooth brush into the mixture and scrub the area in a circular motion. 

after a while of scrubbing the crayon came off however with my walls being white, it "painted" my walls orange (the color of the crayon)

So the baking soda idea worked with but still sort of left the stain so....

 It was time to bust out the hairspay!! (hairspray works wonders with a lot!) 

Spray the area with the hairspray. and using the tooth brush scrub in circular motions (ok so not scrub hard core just a little scrub!)


Scrubbing the area with the hairspray took out the crayon with no smudges. (I did go back through with the baking soda one last time to help clean it up a bit though, but it got out 98% of the crayon)


and there you go the stain is gone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment