Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Re-purpose torn children's books.

Carson has had these two books since he was first born and now that their ripped, to me they hold way to much sentiment to get rid of. Pondering what I could do with them before using the throw away option I came up with a solution. 


I could also re-purpose an old coffee ground tin by, making our own "storage tin"




All you need for this project is Mod Podge, a paint brush, scissors and something to pour your Mod Podge into. 


Start off by letting your little one choose the images that catch their eye. Then cut them out.

With myself on close stand by, I allowed Carson to paint the backs of each image with the paste and with my help we placed them on together. 




After you have covered you whole tin, paint the Mod Podge over the images. allow first coats time to dry and reapply 


The amount of coats are up to you and the age of your children (The reason why I say that is because if there isn't a good amount of coats and you have a younger one, they can rip the images off still) I used about three coats and I felt it was enough protection.

Finished outcome



Now you have a perfect storage to either display stuffed animals or like we ended up doing store loose books :] 













No comments:

Post a Comment