Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dollar Store Easter Basket Makeover



After seeing the prices of Character Easter baskets I wasn't willing to pay the price for something my boys will grow out of. So I went to the Dollar Store and picked out these baskets.





Both cute,but I felt that they were missing something. A personal touch of their own. 

My boys have thousands of receiving blankets so I didn't think it would hurt to use two of them for some decorations. 


I am not much of a sewer so I just used hot glue to glue the fabric into place. 

here is the final product. I have an almost 2 year and a 5 month old. My eldest is a big animal lover so the printed blanket I used has Lions, Hippos and Alligators on it. Sometimes I wish my boys were twins because even though they are different ages I love to make them match!! So I matched their basket but just opposite colors. 


And since I am not that big of a fan on my 23 month old son having candy I came up with some non-candy ideas to fill his basket.


What I came up with was, 
  • Fizzy Tub Colors 99cents each. 
  • A Dino Fizzer (I guess the Egg is suppose "hatch" my son saw it and loved it lol) also 99 cents. 
  • A Sponge Bob tooth brush and toothpaste total like 6 dollars
  • A Joker and Batman Fisher Price Little wheelies on sale at Target for 1.30 each originally like 4 dollars. 
  • A pair of Elmo socks. Targets dollar bin (LOVE THEIR DOLLAR BINS!)
  • Nutter Butter Go pack. 1 dollar
  • Teddy Grahams Go pack. 1 dollar.
  • Cars Cheez-its that I Made into a "carrot shaped" 
And for my 5 Month old
  • Teeth and Read Bright stars book. 4 dollars
  • Activity Cube by Garnimals. (Walmart) 7 dollars
  • And of course he has to have something match his brother.. a pair of Elmo socks found for a dollar in the Target dollar bin. 
I am going to add one of those Razberry teether in it too. You can find them at Babies R Us for like 4 dollars. 



This is what it looks like. I highly suggest this teether. Both my sons have found great relieve from teething using this thing. You'll get good use out of it Carson used his from 5 months-9 months. 


While were on the topic I also suggest this teether as well. Sophie is 20 dollars at Babies R  Us again both boys love(d) her. Still till this day Carson walks around chewing her. Cayden can't leave the house without her.


Both together :] I  cannot wait for Easter Sunday! 


Forgot to mention their Name tags. I bought these at Walmart for 99 cents and just added stickers to finish their names. To seal the stickers in place I applied a couple coats of Mod Podge on top :] 






No comments:

Post a Comment