Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fourth Of July Shirts

I am a little late blogging about the Fourth of July. I haven't had much access to a computer since, the battery on mine is long gone! 

I love having my boys match, so for the Fourth I thought it would be fun to have them match by making them shirts on my own... What's more better than a personally made shirt?? 

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and by surprise the "Patriotic" fabrics were all 50% off so I winded up spending a whopping 2 dollars for all my fabric! Nice right! :] 


I picked up two different styled fabric choices, as well as this neat bonding fabric the lady introduced me to at the store. 
I have no Step By Step Photo's and I do apologize I waited till 1 am the day before to make this project. 


Start off by drawing a tie like shape on a piece of paper that is an appropriate size to the shirt you'll be putting it on. 

Once done place your "tie" on the fabric and lightly trace around. You Could even put the bonding fabric under the fabric to insure a precise cut on them both. 

For the other Fabric and Simply cut out strips as long as the shirt your putting it on (From shoulder to bottom) again cut out both fabric and bonding material together. 

You got all your pieces together, now all your do is place your fabric on the shirt where you want it located and iron it on. (Your bonding fabric will have play by play instructions on how to do it!) 


And the finished product :] Since having the shirts on hand this project only cost the price of the fabric. Which was 2 dollars! :] 





No comments:

Post a Comment