Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fast DIY Layered Candle

So have you ever went into a store and smelled the layered candles, wishing there was one of the scents you want?? 

This just recently happened to me, as I was smelling the Yankee Candles. I got the idea from their new "Mixology" Line 


I bought my Mom one for Mother's Day and I am waiting for her to try it before I buy myself one. 

On average my layered candle I made cost about 8 dollars. 


Supplies needed:

3 Yankee Candle Votive's. The ones I chose were Tropical Pineapple, Pink Sands, Sweet Pea
Candle Wicks (I picked mine up and Hobby Lobby)
Glass Holder to hold your Layered Candle in



Place your votive in a mug and let it sit in a boiling pot of water till completely melted. 


Once the wax is melted either have someone hold the wick for you or, you can super glue the wick into place. Pour the wax slowly into the glass jar. 


Allow each layer to harden before pouring the new wax on top of last. Repeat this process till your done. 


When your new Candle is all cooled off, trim the wick, light and enjoy! 

I do not have a picture of the finished product due to giving this Candle as a gift.  However i do have a photo of one that recently made and kept. 



This is not the greatest picture ever, I apologize this was taken from my cell phone. 

I call this one my Tropical Paradise one:
Bottom to top
Coconut Vanilla
Beach Party
Island Getaway 

No comments:

Post a Comment